SONOSPHERE – THE DETECTION LABORATORY
Installation of the month
The detection laboratory is located on Haus der Musik's 2nd floor. This interactive installation not only lets you hear aural phenomena, it also makes them visible. Six interactive terminals offer visitors the opportunity to experiment, venture through various probable and improbably acoustic spaces and practise their perception skills.
1. Pitch: the faster the Schuhplattler, the higher the tone.
Measure your audible range with this feature!
2. Volume: Lets visitors re-design urban scenarios acoustically.
3. Perception of Space: During virtual walking-tours through a pyramid, a ball, a concert hall, a church and a mountain range you learn of the various acoustical aspects of space. Conquer space by way of your voice!
4. Shepard Scale: offers the illusion of an infinitely ascending scale, which never surpasses one's personal hearing.
5. Virtual Sounds: the combination of various sine waves prompts the human ear to produce "ghost tones."
Experience the extent to which objective reality actually presents a re-construction of subjective perception!
6. Temporal Expansion: outwit yourself at this installation: your senses are unhinged only to be put back on track.
The Detection Laboratory is located inside the Sonosphere on Haus der Musik's 2nd floor, and open from 10am to 10pm daily.